Do you want to stay at a cabin? DNT Oslo & Omegn has 25 no-service cabins in Marka. They are small and plain, and most have neither electricity or running water. There’s no staff at a no-service cabin, so your stay at one is do-it-yourself (DIY). As a DNT member, you may book a stay at a cabin and can borrow the DNT key for cabins.
WHAT IS THE DNT KEY?
The DNT key fits the locks on all DNT no-service cabins. You must be a DNT member to borrow a DNT-key. You may borrow a DNT cabin key against a deposit of NOK 100, which is refunded upon return at the DNT net shop or pick one up at the Trekking Centre, Storgata 3 in the Oslo city centre.
WHAT WILL YOU FIND AT THE CABIN ?
- Duvets, pillows and wool blankets for all beds
- Cooking utensils (matches, pots and pans, cutlery etc.)
- Toilet paper, cloths, washing-up gloves, detergent, cleaner
- Wood stove for heating, propane cooker
- Water from a sell or nearby stream. Directions to the water source are posted in the cbin.
- Plain outdoor privy.
Only DNT members may book stays at cabins, but non-members may join in a cabin tour. You may book the number of beds you require, but you may have to share a cabin with others. Book an overnight stay in advance here.
Some cabins have a canoe or rowboat for guest use. You can find further details here.
Find more information in Norwegian on cabins and prices for overnight stay here.